A Healing Environment for Alcohol and drug abuse Recovery Training
HEART Ministry is located on 34 acres just outside Lavonia, Georgia. From I-85, take Exit 173 and turn right toward Lavonia on Highway 17. Turn onto Bear Creek Road at the Northeast Georgia Bank and go one mile.
In 1995, two brothers, Scut and Guy Mauldin donated 34 acres of land for the purpose of starting a Christian based recovery program for women addicted to alcohol and/or drugs. Title to the land was accepted by the Tugalo Baptist Association and a Board of Directors was selected. The program began November 1, 1998, when a farmhouse on the property was renovated. The Facilities were expanded with the addition of a 2000 sq. ft. modular home, a 3500 sq. ft. and a 7000 sq. ft. dorm.
The ministry is under the operational control of Penfield Christian Homes, Inc.. The day-to-day operation is under the direction of the H.E.A.R.T. Campus Director. This is a community based ministry that relies on local support for effective ministry to hurting women.
H.E.A.R.T. Ministry, Inc. is a non-profit, tax exempt ministry. Funding comes from the GBC, area Baptist Associations, church budgets, classes, clubs, individuals, foundations and resident fees. We have had women from all walks of life, young and old. Some come as a result of church and individual referrals or court action. Many come of their own accord.
Since this is not a medical facility, residents must have the medical form on our website completed and signed by a medical doctor prior to approval for admission. Residents are expected to pay $2,950 upon admission.
Persons interested in more information or an initial assessment should contact Admissions at 706-453-7929 Monday – Friday between 9AM and 4PM. Information is also available on our website at www.penfieldrecovery.com
• Prayer.....Being a front line ministry, we need your daily prayers.
• Donations.....Food, household supplies, cleaning supplies and personal items are always needed. Please check with us for specific needs.
• Transportation....We are in need of an additional van to transport our ladies to church, meetings and other events.
• Through the Georgia Baptist Foundation, H.E.A.R.T. is able to benefit from bequests and gift annuities which offer an immediate tax break.
• We need individuals, classes, clubs and families to commit to giving $10 per month to support our ongoing programs. Our operation depends on these systematic contributions.
• Lead your church or group to put H.E.A.R.T. Ministry in your budget. We need 100 churches to give $1000 per year.
• Bring your group to visit us to see first hand what is happening here. You will have a chance to see for yourself the amazing work God does in an individual life.
1150 Bear Creek RoadP.O. Box 170Lavonia, GA 30553