Getting the best cat litter box is important because let’s face it our cats are so cute, we just love them except for one thing . Cleaning out there poo poo and it can become a huge mess if you don’t take care of it . Don’t worry though we are here to help you find to find the best one for your cat and before we start if you have a bit of a higher budget go for automated ones, you will see why below.
Its always better to choose the one that fit perfectly in your house and doesn’t create too much of a mess.
The choices of poo station are growing addressing the needs of many owner’s, their tastes, lifestyles, homes, their busy schedules, careers and catering should also play a strong consideration in reaching a decision for their bathroom commode.
The experimenting can be very interesting, fun and imagine your pet’s feeling of having to try the advancing creations of new boxes. Maybe even a tad complicated from its point of view! (We will explore how they might feel as we go along) Is it easier for them or better and easier for us?
You can decide for yourself and most of all in considering your buddy’s approval of course!
We look for ways to improve and quickly get through our daily chore of cleaning them, so let’s go step by step (paw by paw in our there world) into providing you with a well-tailored summary to ease your pal into a new transition for each adventure, Will it be Automatic or Manual?
Before you decide on which one you want to buy know that there are 2 types available in the market you can decide from. There are automatic and manual.
Automatic Cat Litter Boxes – Best Ones!
They take out the most work out of maintaining it. There are a lot of choices available online but what works best with you and your buddies, our pick will provide the most value.
We have searched all through out to help you find the perfect and the best that can give you the most value for the money.
They are a perfect choice for a household with multiples (It’s a good idea to have multiple).
Remember! Kittens can take some time getting used to the boxes. Even we would too if you were told to poop in a robot box.
1. Omega Paw Self-Cleaning litter box
Omega paw self cleaning litter box was designed to be a simple but a good automated box. There is no machinery involved and it is definitely one of the top boxes available in the market. Inside the box there is a grill which collects the feces and keeps the clean litter in the box.
If you are looking for something under $30 and is a best seller you have to go for omega paw self. Even though it will require some part from your side such as turning and collecting the poop along with disposing it, omega takes the most hectic part of it at its price it is still the best one.
- Its simple design helps you collect the poo without any wastage of litter while giving that comforting space for your feline. It collects the poo by separating the collection box inside with a grill.
- When you turn it the feces gets collected in a small compartment which can then be easily removed and disposed of off
- It does not feel like a robot to you or him because it is not. It’s good with a filter inside that collects the poo and collects it in one place for quick removal.
- If you have large or multiple cats this is a perfect box, as it is huge and is cheap. So maintaining it in a household doesn’t become expensive with other expensive tasks such as electrical maintenance and electricity. It doesn’t require any electricity so you can keep it anywhere in the house like a normal one. Since it is closed Omega also controls the odors and dust produced by the litter, a usual problem with large open boxes.
- The waste is collected in a pull out tray in one location which helps to avoid any unnecessary spread of it. It keeps the surrounding clean and clear of any issues.
- Once your kitten is done doing its business all you have to do is tilt the box to its right and all the poo will get collected in a scoop which is attached to the box.
- You simply pull out the scoop and throw away the contents in the trash.
Since it has an inbuilt filter which captures the feces, it is highly recommended that you use clumping litter with Omega. Clumping litter becomes solid when it comes in contact with moisture which the box then captures and stores it in the pull tray.
While installing it remember not to put pressure on the latches as you could break them. Make sure the sides match each other and once they do they should automatically fall into place together.
2. Pet Safe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box
The petsafe simply clean box is an automated solution perfect for households. This is a complete automatic solution for your house.
It costs about $94 and does not require any accessories other than clumping litter. Due to its small size you can fit it anywhere.
- This innovative product works by sifting through the dirt every hour in rotation and drags the feces in an upward motion and dropping it into the waste basket.
- The waste basket which can be wrapped with any kind of plastic bag collects it and in one simple motion you can collect the plastic bag and throw it away.
- Its rotary design cleans it every hour without startling them or making too much noise. This automated box works well if you are away from home a lot maybe you go to office in the morning leaving little buddies alone at home.
- Pet Safe simply clean will keep itself clean all throughout the day for your cat to have peaceful time.
- It is easy to setup and can be done quickly without any assistance at home. After setup all that has to be done is attach it to the power adapter and insert the litter to a certain limit.
- Since it is self cleaning, It keeps the odor under control and also keeps the box bacteria free. It does not require any special bags and can be used with any kind of bags that you have lying around in the house such as shopping bags etc.
- It automatically cleans every hour so for people who forget to clean the box on usual basis this is a perfect must have box for them.
- It also does not scatter the dust and litter which is great news if you are allergic to them. It’s easy to remove bin and you can also add the plastic to throw it away even cleaner.
To achieve best results with petsafe you must use good clumping litter. As the box moves slow and collects the feces , good clumping litter will tighten up and make it easier when collected and stored to throwaway later on.
Box also works best when litter is maintained at a certain limit. Remember to refill the box if it falls below the marked line and also don’t overfill it as that can cause issues with the machine and break it down. Also another reason to not overfill is because overfilling it can cause spillage around the box when it rotates. When in rotation the inside tends to pile up and can fall out of the box if it is overfilled.
Also when installing make sure the box is fit properly otherwise it will not work even if it is connected to power. So after you connect it and it doesn’t work this is something you should check. Petsafe also is ideal for small to medium sized cats due to its size it is not ideal not for large ones. It also to be used with one feline preferably as said regarding its size.
3. Cat Genie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box
Cat Genie self washing self flushing is one of the most innovative devices that you can get for your home. The idea behind it to be completely like a functioning toilet. It is an innovative complete device which starts with collecting the feces to flushing it out without any human interaction. It also drys the unused litter so it can be used again and again without any problems. It is the best when it comes to controlling the odor as it automatically cleans everything and flushes the feces out of the system.
Going even more automated the catgenie self washing litter box removes any amount of work you need to do with it.
- Just set it up and it automatically cleans, flushes and keeps the box odorless and clean. It is hooked to a water line and a water drainage system such as your toilet or if you have a plumber at call you can get it touched to your sewer system through many means.
- It also uses reusable granules specifically designed for catgenie. These granules are washable which the machine does automatically or even you can wash it yourself. So added expense of buying litter can be avoided with this.
- To be specific it works just like an human toilet. Once your cat finishes the business its automated system starts collecting the feces, once it is done collecting the feces it flushes it out through the pipes and into the toilet bowl. After flushing it then fills water into the bowl to clean the granules that it is filled with and then dries it out for fresh ready to go again.
- It does not use conventional material but granules ( which you get one free packet of ) to satisfy the needs of the cat to dig and cover the poo. These granules are washable so they help keep it clean and odorfree.
- You basically connect the device with cold water pipe and fill it with granules. After which it automatically cleans it and flushes away the poo. It is a simple and an automated solution for your home.
- Build quality is solid and will last long if used correctly and without applying any outside force. It works as it is shown in the videos.
- It is good for a household where it is empty for a long period of times as it takes care of itself and does not have to keep coming back to clear it.
It is a large box, so you will have to find good space to use it. Also since it has plumbing requirements, ideally you will have to place it in the bathroom. If attachments are difficult for you to setup you will have to get a plumber to do the setup for you. It is also loud so keeping it away from the main rooms will be good.
It is an ideal device for someone who doesn’t want to scoop or dispose off the feces. It will not be ideal if you have more than 2 cats at your house. You shouldn’t get this box if you don’t have enough space in your bathroom or laundry room or if you don’t want loud noises.
At the price of $223(keeps changing, check the latest price) , It’s a great box to use and keep at home.
4. Litter Robot LRII Automatic Self-Cleaning
This device looks like a robot you might say. Well it is, sort of atleast. Its design was made for kittens that love enclosed environment when doing their business .
Now keep in mind that this costs around $370 dollars. So if you don’t have that kind of budget you can select one of the cheaper options above.
It uses a patented technology that sifts through the litter after use and cleans it. Then deposits the waste in large drawer and garbage bag.
It works without any wires or jams or fences which makes it very safe.
Why is it so expensive you ask?
Well, when your cat enters it the weight sensors get activated and they know the presence of them. After 7 minutes it starts a cleaning process which cleans out the dirt and keeps the clean litter. It deposits all the dirt at the bay underneath.
With amazing reviews and this awesome technology, it truly is one of the best sellers on amazon.
The Litter Robot 3 Has Come Out – Check Out Litter Robot 3 Open Air Complete Review Here
This was our list of the best in automatic cat litter box category, but if you are looking for something simple and cheap check out below for our reviews in manual category.
Manual Cheap Cat Litter Box
Manual boxes are cheap and easy to set up but require regular maintenance for example cleaning out the poo every time your cat does the business.
Top 3 Cheap Litter Box
They come in very different varieties. Since it does not have any rotors or machines they are silent and some are designed very well too. Depending on your requirement and budget you can choose from a large variety of manual boxes.
Below we have listed some of the best ones you can get.
1.Iris open top pan with shield.
Are you looking for something that’s cheap and is rated one of the best in manual categories? Then you have to go for Iris open top pan with shield.
It comes with a sort of cover that covers it from the sides to stop spreading of litter and contain it inside the box. It is open on the top for easy cleaning with front entry for the feline.
It also comes with a scoop for use.
It is ideal for a house with one cat. You can use it with a large feline too but it will be a bit difficult for the cat.
Overall it is a great product for a household with one cat who are looking for something cheap and efficient.
2. Two meows kitty box
It was designed for kittys that like to spread the litter when jumping out of the box. Its unique grated area on the exit captures what falls when kitty jumps out of the box and contains it back in the box.
It is made of plastic through and through and comes with a removable hood. It is open on the top but closed on the sides. Things like this can be very helpful when choosing the top one for your home.
It is great for households with kittys that spread the dirt when jumping. It is worth the value because it is sturdy and lasts a good amount of time.
3. ScoopFree Slide Easy Clean Manual Box
Scoopfree is the perfect solution for someone who is not looking for the automatic one but don’t want to do the cleaning too.
Scoopfree slide easy clean comes with a slide handle that has metal grids that collects the waste when sliding and collects the poo in the disposable tray for easy disposals. It is a open box that with plastic linings to avoid any types of leakage or spread.
- It also helps contain odor with its disposable tray.
- It is great for households where you just don’t want too much of hassle..
- One accessory that goes with them are the many types of scoopers. There are many types to choose from including the smaller rake like or the large heavy duty.
- It depends on your needs, the number of cats in your household and your preference.
Cats are resiliently smart and enjoyable to have each day in our lives. They are an astonishing wonderment to be enjoyed by us all. Even though at times they can be independent the love of each of them always comes back to be supplied to their owners given freely.
Information on Self Cleaning Litter Boxes
What are Automatic Boxes?
These are the boxes that at first glance look similar to yes, a human toilet, a huge bowl rounded shaped cat potty that contains the granules instead of the usual stuff with the back extending upright that doesn’t interfere with your cat’s private bathroom time but there are things you need to consider when selecting the best one for you.
I’m sure most felines would enjoy it’s comfort but might have to wonder if it’s actually for them since it looks like yours or mine. Perhaps, my kitten would think my mummy is trying to appease me more or maybe wishes me to think more like a human.
What’s most important to take note of is that this type of box is for people who might not have the time or are not well enough to clean a box daily. This distinctively designed toilet like box can be a true appreciation for both owner and even the cat.
Set up a place where your cat will be comfortable ( cats get stressed too ) and yourself because once placed it is hard to move. It contains dust free granules so I recommend it for cat’s who seem to have an allergic reaction to different types of litter.
I think that it’s appeal would be for younger kittens since it is a higher climb to get into and for a two feline household also.
Some automatic boxes resemble a carrier and have rounded square like openings for it to climb into. Larger breed cats I think would like a roomy potty for them to feel comfortable in.
Yes, without a doubt, he would simply adore a spacious relaxing feeling opposed to having to squeeze and maneuver into a smaller one.
They can take turns when having siblings and/or pals within their households! This will surely alleviate any worrying or possibility of bickering, biting and hissing by remaining cat courteous towards each other.
In short if you don’t like cleaning out poo too much then you can go for a mechanical one. We will review some below.
Automated ones are best for household as they do not require too much maintenance and direct contact with the poo.
They are a little expensive though. If money is your issue and don’t mind the poo you can go for the manual and set that up.
Manual Litter Boxes Information
The Manual boxes have been around since, well forever, sandboxes, barns, (plenty of hay always available) and the grand outdoors. Here he can carefully pick and choose their own particular preference of a nicely soiled area that they take exceptional delight in choosing.
There are quite a lot of different types of simple setups to choose from for many types of felines.
There are even one’s shaped like a Box! Sliding in can be accomplished easily, after all a kitten is super slinky, used to and able to slide into so many close quarter living places having natural attributes and smart instincts!
Absolutely no hassle, spacious, roomy and looks great no matter where you or your friend would want this box-shaped it placed!
I can sense a bit of cat confusing thoughts in the beginning, approaching, looking, thinking, “A Box.” Upon seeing the litter slowly, paw by paw, they will enter and make themselves at home in their box potty.
When I had a household of three cats this would have been fabulous instead of purchasing two regular manual boxes. They did the trick at the time. However, this could have been another fantastic option for my three feliners!
There are many closed top manual ones including the one’s with a door in the front.
This was our selection of automatic cat litter boxes and manual cat litter boxes for your home that are value for money. Enjoy Their Magical extraordinary cat ways always!